4x4 Archipelago: Changelog
This lists all the changes the authors of this game have made to it since the judging period began, in their own words.
If you'd like to play the game as it existed at the start of the competition, prior to the application of any updates, you may download the full-competition .zip archive from the top of the games-list page.
- October 2, 6:21 AM (UTC): "???" links on the Travel Map changed to "Unknown Island", to work better with screen readers.
- October 3, 8:13 PM (UTC): Fixed an error where after escaping from a monster during a Hunters' Guild quest you couldn't attempt to fight it again.
- October 4, 4:40 PM (UTC): - fixed an issue which threw an error message when using the Fire Arrow spell on a slimed goblin
- added headings to Journal to assist with screen reader navigation
- added information about equipment slots to "How to Play"
- October 5, 4:49 PM (UTC): Fixed a bug with the second quest in the Hunters' Guild questline.
- October 10, 9:54 AM (UTC): Fixed issues with island names not being displayed properly in several places.
Added headings for inventory categories.
- October 10, 4:34 PM (UTC): Moved the dungeon compass a bit down, to prevent overlapping with room descriptions.
- October 12, 8:45 PM (UTC): Fixed an issue where the Inventory, Journal, and Ally buttons would remain permanently hidden if combat ended (with the enemy dying from burn/poison damage) on a turn when the player was stunned.
- October 13, 4:05 PM (UTC): Fixed an issue with navigation in one of the locations.
- October 14, 10:41 AM (UTC): Fixed an issue with the name of a variable being sometimes displayed instead of a description.
Fixes several typos and missing line breaks.
- October 15, 8:46 AM (UTC): Fixed a bug where changing class only on the start screen wouldn't adjust in-game prices when switching between characters with and without the Trading skill.
Fixed several typos.
- October 17, 5:11 PM (UTC): Fixed a bug where the player could continue playing, but the interface buttons would disappear, if the character got killed by an unstable deposit in one particular mine.
Fixed an issue with room descriptions and compass links overlapping in mines.
Changed the in-game descriptions of Slayer's Amulet and Assassin's Amulet to clarify that the damage reduction they grant only applies to physical attacks.
- October 22, 8:46 PM (UTC): Fixed a bug which caused an error message to appear after using a Dragon Pearl.
Fixed a couple of typos.